We're stoked about your recent Skullcandy Gaming purchase, and we're here to make sure you get the best possible audio experience with your product. Below you will find instructions on setting up your new SLYR with the Xbox360. If you have trouble using your SLYR headset after following the steps below, you can contact our support team who is here to help and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure the cable to the headset is plugged in all the way. Be sure to plug the cord into the headset until it clicks, it may take slight force to ensure the jack is properly seated. We have it designed to be such a tight fit for those intense gaming sessions to ensure it does not come unplugged at the most inopportune time. If you are only hearing sound out of one side, it sounds “muffled”, or the mic does not work, simply try unplugging the cord from the headset and plugging it back in until it clicks in place
- If your Xbox 360 is plugged into your TV via an HDMI cable you will need what is called an HDMI optical audio adapter
- Plug the USB end of the GMX mixer into one of the USB ports located on the back of your Xbox 360.
- Plug the red and white connectors from your Xbox 360 red and white audio cables into the female end of your GMX mixer red and white connectors.
- Plug the male end of your GMX mixer red and white connectors into your TV if it is providing sound.
- Plug the right angle of the SLYR chat cable into your Xbox 360 controller.
- Plug the straight end of the SLYR chat cable into the chat port of your GMX mixer.
- Plug your 3.5mm audio into the bottom of your SLYR headset; be sure to push hard enough to hear or feel a click to signal that the cable has been fully seated.
- Plug the other end of your 3.5mm audio cable into the headset port of your GMX mixer.
Xbox Live Settings
- From the Xbox 360 Dashboard, navigate to Settings.
- Select "Preferences" from the menu that follows and press the green "A" button on the controller.
- Once in the Preferences menu select "Voice" and press the green "A" button on the controller again.
- On the "Voice" screen, make sure the "Play Through Headset" radial is selected for the Voice Output selection and that the volume is set to "10".