PLYR 2 PS3 Setup
Thank you for your recent Skullcandy Gaming purchase. Below please find some simple instructions on setting up your new PLYR 2. Should you run into any trouble, know that our support team is here to help and can be reached at 888.MY.SKULL (697-5855), Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. MST.
The PLYR 2s come paired out of the box but incase you need assistance with re-pairing them then the instructions are below.
- Make sure the Transmitter and headset are powered on.
- Press and hold the power buttons on both the transmitter and headset for 2 seconds until the LEDs begin to flash white.
- Once pairing is complete the power LEDs will stop flashing and turn solid white.
- A solid amber light on the headset means the headset is either fully charged or is powered via USB.
- A rapid blinking amber light on the headset means the headset needs to be charged (less than 15% remaining).
- A solid blinking amber light on the headset means the headset is charging.
*** NOTE: If the headset shutting off randomly try using the charging cable as the power cable and see if that resolves the issue.
Cable 1 and 2 are the same cable just different lengths. The shortest one (number 1) is the power cable. The longest one (number 2) is the charging cable for the headset. Cable 3 is the Xbox live chat cable (this cable is only needed for xbox). Cable 4 is the piggyback RCA cable.
Setup instructions for PLYR 2 on the Playstation 3
If your PS3 is connected to the TV via an HDMI you will also need the standard AV cables that came with the console. Tip: the cable for the PS2 is the same cable and will also work.
The 2nd port is the hdmi port and the 4th port is where the standard AV cable plugs in.
If using HDMI simply plug in the red and white RCA cables that came with the console into the piggyback cable (cable 4) and let them hang and plug the other end of that cable into the port on the transmitter that says AUDIO. They do not need to be plugged into the TV but be sure the metal parts on the red and the white do not touch each other or other metal because it will cause static or a buzz/humm sound.
Then plug in the short USB cable (cable 1) into an open USB port on the console and into the port that says PWR on the transmitter.
You should now have everything hooked up properly and need to change some settings on the console to get the chat and audio to work.