You have no items in your shopping cart.
A vision born on a chairlift, tested in the sand, proven on the urban streets. Skullcandy embodies exclusive designs by some of today’s most notorious artists, fused with team-inspired, state-of-the-art technology in both function and form, remixed to a thumping beat. Our Skullcandy family consists of the “best of the best” from the action sports industry. We are vibrant, outgoing, intelligent employees who work hard and play harder.
The Product Development team at Skullcandy is searching for a driven, experienced, and innovative Senior Mechanical Engineer to be a leading member of the development teams of headphones and speaker products. The ideal candidate has experience in product development through validation and commercialization of consumer electronics. This is an awesome opportunity for someone to help to create some forward-thinking and innovative products in a fun and irreverent culture!
• Leads a team of engineers in a continuous improvement role within the Product Development team.
• Works within a team to develop, validate, and commercialize consumer level audio products.
• Applies thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects effecting his or her organization.
• Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
• Works on a major project or several projects moderate scope and complexity.
• Serves as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
• Keeps informed of new methods and developments affecting his or her organization, and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of programs.
• Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
• Assigns tasks to and directs engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
• Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects.
• Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
• Receives administrative supervision with assignments in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
• Receives direction on unusual conditions and developments.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
• Years of Mechanical Engineering experience: 6 – 8+ (consumer electronics preferred)
• Possesses advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Routinely interacts with clients, customers, suppliers, contractors, and others.
• May lead project meetings and makes presentations.
• Extensive CAD design and analysis skills including, but not limited to surfacing and FEA
• Extensive experience with design for injection molding.
• Experience with advanced decoration methods.
• Experience working in Asia at manufacturing facilities.
• Experience with developing and validating the manufacturing process.
• Proven track record in product innovation and getting gritty.
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• 401K Matching
• Health Benefits
• Product Discounts
• Discount Ski Pass/ Discount Gym Membership
• Flex Time Scheduling
Thanks for your interest in Skullcandy and this role! If you have any trouble submitting your application through the online portal, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title as the subject and someone will be in touch if there's a great fit!