You have no items in your shopping cart.
A vision born on a chairlift, tested in the sand, proven on the urban streets. Skullcandy embodies exclusive designs by some of today’s most notorious artists, fused with team-inspired, state-of-the-art technology in both function and form, remixed to a thumping beat. Our Skullcandy family consists of the “best of the best” from the action sports industry. We are vibrant, outgoing, intelligent employees who work hard and play harder.
Skullcandy is seeking a motivated, creative, and innovative Senior Acoustic Engineer to be a leading member of the develop teams of headphones and speaker products.
• Working within the product department to develop, validate, and commercialize consumer level headphones, speakers, and drivers
• Apply knowledge of current principles and practices of acoustic engineering as related to the variety of aspects effecting our organization
• Apply knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
• Work on a major project or several projects of moderate scope and differing complexity
• Serve as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in acoustics
• Keep informed of new methods and developments affecting his or her organization, and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of development programs
• Review complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects
• Review operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures
• Support manufacturing and overseas office by providing direction for assembly and validation to ensure product quality and consistency
• DFM including fixture design for in lab and in a manufacturing performance quality controls
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS Electrical or Acoustical Engineering or related degree.
• 5+ years of related acoustical experience required
• Strong electrical engineering skills including delivering production ready specification packages
• Experience with computational acoustics simulations
• Experience with laboratory and physical listening testing software and hardware
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Proactive and organized work methods
• General SolidWorks skills preferred
• Experience with manufacturing in Asia is preferred
• International travel required 4+ times per year
• Experience with DSP design and tuning for a variety of use case applications
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• 401K Matching
• Health Benefits
• Product Discounts
• Discount Ski Pass/ Discount Gym Membership
• Flex Time Scheduling
Thanks for your interest in Skullcandy and this role! If you have any trouble submitting your application through the online portal, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title as the subject and someone will be in touch if there's a great fit!