You have no items in your shopping cart.
A vision born on a chairlift, tested in the sand, proven on the urban streets. Skullcandy embodies exclusive designs by some of today’s most notorious artists, fused with team-inspired, state-of-the-art technology in both function and form, remixed to a thumping beat. Our Skullcandy family consists of the “best of the best” from the action sports industry. We are vibrant, outgoing, intelligent employees who work hard and play harder.
Skullcandy is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to assist in the creation and production of all creative assets. As a core member of the Skullcandy design team, they will be our production guru by ensuring the company's creative vision comes to life as dictated by our brand guidelines. We are a collaborative team that works closely with sales and product.
• Responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of various graphic-focused projects.
• Comprehend projects from a retailer, digital and consumer point of view with a natural eye for design.
• Create assets ranging from digital web banners, various ad portals, images for Skullcandy.com, retailors and our various social properties, print, packaging, and promotional landing pages.
• Develop web ads (static, animated, and rich media) that both showcase the product and speak to the Skullcandy consumer.
• Edit photos for use in print and digital.
• Minimal copy editing on various projects.
• Coordinate special retail store projects with Retail Marketing Team (End Caps, Floor Display, Planogram Designs, Presentations, and Tradeshow Ads & Posters).
• Create .pdf’s and mock-ups.
• Assist in clipping and color correcting images.
• Follow-up on projects and coordinate with vendors.
• Interpret and progress our graphic style guide into something remarkable.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or relevant.
• 1-2 years in a graphic or web design position.
• Proficient with CS6 programs (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
• Experience in web design, print, and packaging.
• Experience demonstrating brand/visual elements across multiple mediums including web, print, interactive, and social media assets.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience working in face-paced, project heavy environment.
• Self-starter but happy to work as a part of a team.
• Able to give and receive constructive criticism around design ideas.
• Outstanding communication skills visually, verbally and in writing.
• Good interpersonal skills, able to work well with fellow designers, other professionals, vendors and managers.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUBMISSION! YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM OUR TEAM IF YOU ARE A GREAT MATCH FOR THIS ROLE.
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR ONLINE SUBMISSION, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@SKULLCANDY.COM WITH THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE. Thank you!