You have no items in your shopping cart.
A vision born on a chairlift, tested in the sand, proven on the urban streets. Skullcandy embodies exclusive designs by some of today’s most notorious artists, fused with team-inspired, state-of-the-art technology in both function and form, remixed to a thumping beat. Our Skullcandy family consists of the “best of the best” from the action sports industry. We are vibrant, outgoing, intelligent employees who work hard and play harder.
Skullcandy is seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Manager, Social Media to lead the vision, strategy and execution of our brand presence on social (in line with global brand strategy). She or he will work on all marketing activities related to Skullcandy with the goal of maximizing positive social media output and cultivating fan interaction on our social channels.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for creating and executing Skullcandy’s social media strategy to drive brand awareness, engagement, traffic and conversion. An integral part of the Marketing team and business, this position will work cross-functionally throughout the organization to support key initiatives and products not only conceiving and overseeing the execution of best-in-class social content – and the creation of inventive social media campaigns – but also measuring goals and KPIs to ensure there’s social impact and effectiveness on multiple platforms.
This is an awesome opportunity for someone to be the voice of a world-class brand in a fun and irreverent culture. We are looking for a savvy, influential social marketer who lives social media, loves music, breathes youth culture, follows sports and has a strong digital, PR or marketing background. The right candidate for this position is creative, energetic, resourceful and detail oriented. If you can demonstrate these things, we’d like to talk to you – especially if you’re fluent in more than one language.
• Be the “voice” of Skullcandy in Social Media and embody our values: Passionate, Optimistic, Gritty, Authentic to Youth Culture, Team First, and Fun.
• Manage brand positioning, strategy and execution of all social media activities across all channels.
• Own and develop the social content calendar and work with key stakeholders and partners to plan, curate and create fresh and fun content to sustain community growth, and high fan engagement.
• Develop innovative, results driven social media campaigns utilizing all appropriate social platforms, currently existing or still to be developed.
• Monitor, react to and manage all social channels on a daily basis, including weekends – both real-time and scheduled.
• Track the effectiveness and success of online initiatives using relevant monitoring tools; generate reports and effectively tweaking social strategy and content based on analytics.
• Actively participate in brainstorming and ideation sessions for a wide variety of projects and pitches.
• Work with the sports marketing team to activate athletes and events, and with the PR team on influencer identification.
• Develop and execute online outreach strategy, establishing relationships with key bloggers and online influencers.
• Act as internal project owner, ensuring that Social Media elements of marketing campaigns are created and delivered properly and on time.
• Spend time engaging with our consumers and find ways to grow our channels, improving overall engagement.
• Set and deliver on tangible KPI's from social (i.e. referrals, ROI, fan growth, engagement, lead generation, SEO) and conduct an analysis of our competitors on an ongoing basis.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the Social Media team and various other internal stakeholders.
• Develop policies and guidelines pertaining to social media participation and social governance.
• Monitor social networks for potential threats or opportunities.
• Stay ahead of the curve, understanding key industry trends, emerging technologies, competitive insights, influential content and the people who share it.
• Proactively introduce new ideas and initiatives.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• A university degree in business, marketing, communications or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Digital Marketing with at least 3 years focused in Social Media.
• Ability to articulate the Skullcandy "voice" and communicate it across all social media platforms.
• A solid track record of success in implementing online marketing strategies and campaigns (social, mobile, online media and SEO).
• Passionate about social media, technology, music and youth culture.
• A solid understanding of the “big picture”, both online and in the business world.
• Proven leadership skills in developing a team of direct reports and motivating and influencing cross-functional teams.
• Creative, yet pragmatic, approach to problem solving.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities to ensure maximum productivity and focused business results.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and evolving team environment.
• A high degree of interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to set KPI’s and analyze raw data into meaningful and actionable insights.
• Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• 401K Matching
• Health Benefits
• Product Discounts
• Discount Ski Pass/ Discount Gym Membership
• Flex Time Scheduling
Thanks for your interest in Skullcandy! If you have trouble submitting your resume through the online portal, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and someone will be in touch if there's a great fit!