You have no items in your shopping cart.
A vision born on a chairlift, tested in the sand, proven on the urban streets. Skullcandy embodies exclusive designs by some of today’s most notorious artists, fused with team-inspired, state-of-the-art technology in both function and form, remixed to a thumping beat. Our Skullcandy family consists of the “best of the best” from the action sports industry. We are vibrant, outgoing, intelligent employees who work hard and play harder.
Skullcandy is seeking a proactive and driven Senior Digital Designer with a proven ability in the areas of narrative/conceptual and graphic/aesthetic. This position requires a professional with senior-level understanding of the digital realm ranging from web, mobile and app interfaces to interactive experiences and digital storytelling, design, typography and layout. We are looking for a creative talent who's a conceptual thinker capable of translating emotions into powerful images. Overall, this person is a fresh thinker who embraces challenges as well as new methods of thinking and has a passion for the space of youth culture, central to further defining the presence for the Skullcandy Brand. Deep knowledge of Sports, Music and Art, and the related cultural atmosphere is imperative. This is an awesome opportunity for someone to lead the digital creative efforts for a world-class brand and provide mentorship in all areas of digital production (visual, copy, interaction design and content).
• Lead the digital creative process from ideation to launch.
• Collaborate very closely with the Brand Creative Director to develop the design vision, direction and execution for Skullcandy online.
• Participate in the creation of marketing campaigns and activations.
• Execute top quality design work as necessary in alignment with the company’s creative department.
• Responsible for accomplishing and maintaining the quality of design throughout all digital touch points web, mobile, tablet, app, social, email, display, etc. QC developer execution of your designs.
• Participate constructively in inter-department and cross-service line communications.
• Direct local and global agencies and production vendors when necessary to bring Brand direction to life.
• Utilize exceptional design skills and demonstrate innovation in creating original concepts and designs.
• Communicate and present design concepts and materials that effectively communicate creative concepts and a vision for how a project will progress from start to finish.
• Show skill in working with junior team members to achieve project goals while creating an educational and collaborative relationship that enables all to share in success.
• Stay connected to other Brand Design, Communication and Marketing groups to maintain a working knowledge of Brand priorities and market presence.
• Maintain and evolve a constant awareness of the Brand’s consumer targets and apply that knowledge to relevant design solutions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven experience in digital design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and 5+ years of design experience in interactive design, web, digital advertising with solid foundation in typography, layout, and general design.
• Experience in high-profile editorial/lifestyle brands/publications.
• In-depth understanding of HTML, capabilities of web browsers, Photoshop and Illustrator image manipulation.
• Deep understanding of digital tools, trends, and foundation.
• An exceptional on-line portfolio showcasing innovative concepts and creative design.
• A passion for photography is a plus, proven by your own pictures (e.g., Instagram, Flickr, etc.)
• Ability to produce cutting edge creative and exceptional digital design work.
• Ability to lead a team and provide mentoring to junior team members.
• Ability to function independently and collaborate in a cross-functional team environment.
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• 401K Matching
• Health Benefits
• Product Discounts
• Discount Ski Pass/ Discount Gym Membership
• Flex Time Scheduling
• Equity Grant