You have no items in your shopping cart.
A vision born on a chairlift, tested in the sand, proven on the urban streets. Skullcandy embodies exclusive designs by some of today’s most notorious artists, fused with team-inspired, state-of-the-art technology in both function and form, remixed to a thumping beat. Our Skullcandy family consists of the “best of the best” from the action sports industry. We are vibrant, outgoing, intelligent employees who work hard and play harder.
Skullcandy is seeking a proactive and driven Email Marketing and Database Manager to assist in the strategic oversight and execution of Skullcandy’s direct-to-consumer email programs. The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for strategic oversight and execution of Skullcandy’s direct-to-consumer email programs, focused on driving new customer engagement and sales, and engaging existing customers towards conversion. This crucial role requires a willingness to work hands-on to implement email marketing best practices including creative development, editorial voice and list segmentation. The Email Marketing Manager will understand, optimize and expand the email ecosystem, set guidelines for tone and copy, oversee creative development, and apply all email marketing best practices to ensure successful delivery and conversion. The Email Marketing Manager will also have a strong focus on understanding database marketing to better segment the email list based on past purchase history and engagement. This position will help provide the company with valuable consumer insights, such as lifetime value, purchase frequency, monetary value of a new email address, new vs repeat customer trends, etc.
• Develop a successful strategic email marketing campaign calendar.
• Expand the program to include automated programs (welcome, cart abandonment, browse/site abandonment, winback, birthday/occasion) and data-driven campaign content.
• Responsible for data analysis, campaign optimization, demographic analysis, and targeting. Clear, concise, and consistent reporting of each.
• Manage email campaign development through the creative review process, collaborating with merchandisers, copywriters and designers to bring campaigns to market on time.
• Manage database e-mail campaigns, including development of test strategies, development of target lists based on demographics, and deployment with a focus on optimizing click through and open rates, and reducing opt outs.
• Build an email segmentation strategy that maximizes response and profitability, helping the company set target retention rates and execute tactically to drive repeat purchases and ongoing engagement.
• Create reporting mechanisms to measure the impact of database marketing efforts. Gather and analyze data from a variety of sources to make intelligent, informed recommendations and decisions on e-mail marketing plans and investment.
• Become ultra-familiar with revenue attribution and how emails affect the overall traffic and revenue volumes across channels.
• Grow the company’s email list by optimizing email capture devices across our lines of business and social media presence.
• By understanding the average lifetime value of a new email address, recommend email acquisition campaigns to help grow the list profitably.
• Understand and comply with Can-Spam requirements, ISPs, monitoring tools and best practices, staying abreast of changes in landscape that require adjustment of strategies to ensure deliverability. Build alliances and manage vendor relationships to further the goals of the organization.
• Implement A/B testing methodology including delivery timing, creative layout, offers and subject lines to maximize email response. Provide upward communication prior to each test to solicit feedback. Build a reporting mechanism that allows for easy communication of test results and how they will be applied to future emails.
• Become a ‘power user’ of analytics platforms (Adobe & Google Analytics) as well as data warehouse (PivotLink), creating insightful reporting to optimize marketing programs and site performance. Use this data to develop a consumer insights approach for the organization.
• Work across departments to build in-depth customer profiles & database segmentations. Maintain and deliver useful segments and analysis to enhance effectiveness.
• Bring a passion for the total digital & e-commerce experience to bear in marketing our business, considering all touch points including digital marketing campaigns, our web sites and social media. In other words, be vocal about areas outside of the email program; show an interest in the overall success of the Digital department and the entire company’s success.
• Show a willingness and ability to take on new responsibilities to help share the workload as needed: affiliate marketing, 3rd party marketplaces, display/re-targeting, SEO.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in marketing or related field.
• 2+ years of experience with email marketing programs, preferably for an online retailer.
• Experience using Email Service Provider software to create and run various types of promotional and triggered email campaigns.
• Ability to build solid relationships and credibility within the organization.
• Ability to articulate the Skullcandy "voice" and communicate it across all outgoing consumer-facing emails.
• Passionate about digital consumer marketing, technology, music and youth culture.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities to ensure maximum productivity and focused business results.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and evolving team environment.
• A high degree of interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills.
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• 401K Matching
• Health Benefits
• Product Discounts
• Discount Ski Pass/ Discount Gym Membership
• Flex Time Scheduling
Thanks for your interest in Skullcandy and this role! If you have any trouble submitting your application through the online portal, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title as the subject and someone will be in touch if there's a great fit!