You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shop Name: MAUI NIX SURF SHOP
Locations: Click HERE to view store locations.
Maui Nix Surf Shop was initially introduced to the sunshine state in 1989. We opened our first location across from the world’s most famous beach, Daytona Beach FL. Since then, we have been dedicated to bringing our customers both the cutting-edge and classics in fashion, boards, and accessories. We are proud to feature well over 100 different surf and skate brands that lead the trends in our industry. Through the years we have opened eight more stores in Florida and one in North Carolina.
What is the history of Maui Nix Surf Shop? Who started it and how?
- Maui Nix emerged as a 3 way partnership that began as a “dream” of George Karamitos, and the solid financial support from his father Nick, and his Uncle Peter. In 1989, the idea for Maui Nix grew out of the purchase of a one acre parcel of land where the Karamitos family started a resort shop called Beachtowne, USA. The store offered t-shirts and other beach wear to tourists on the busy Daytona Beach strip. Because they had the land and George had the dream, he decided to open a surf and skateboard store. The location was perfect: in the heart of traffic, tourism, resort shops, and Spring Break destination, there was nothing like it in Daytona Beach.
How many stores do you guys currently have and are there any plans to open more in the future?
- We currently have ten stores and are always looking for exciting opportunities that may be out there.
What brands have you carried continually for over twenty years?
- Most of our brands like Quiksilver, Billabong, Oneill, SPY+ (to name a few) have been with us since the beginning and we have a great relationship with our vendors. We pride ourselves in having the latest and coolest products so we’re also always looking for new and exciting lines!
Who is the most famous person to walk through your doors?
- Britney Spears visited our Destin store a while back and bought a few things for her sister, WeeMan just visited all three of our Daytona stores, Rob Machado came to Daytona for a surf event this summer, Kelly Slater, Greg Alva, Donovan Frankenreiter just visited our Clearwater store….there have been tons of cool people that have come in to see us!
We have seen your mascot in your ads before. Who is he and what is the story behind him?
- Nixy - he’s our mascot - he’s been with us since we opened the store. He’s been photographed all over the world: waterfalls in Australia, Red Square in Moscow, the snow in Canada and many more. You can check out our Facebook page for more photos and add your own of Nixy traveling the world with you!